[Review] Kelly 25 in Craie Epsom with GHW from Miss K (non-TS) "Directly Sourced" factory w/ comparison to my Auth
[Review] Kelly 25 in Craie Epsom with GHW from Miss K (non-TS) "directly sourced" factory w/ comparison to my Auth
Upvote if u find this post helpful plz!
- [Edit] Just to clarify, I didn't get full PSPs but Miss K took pictures of the areas I had concern over. I think you have to ask for PSPs but I don't know if she'll be able to provide. She doesn't seem to know how reddit buyers function lolll. On the other hand, she actually has a shop in Malaysia and I would love to go and pick out bags in person. Def making it a future travel destination.
This was my first rep and I just wanted to give a shout out to every one of you who did a review previously to help me make my decision on this purchase. As you all may or may not know, it's extremely difficult to get a birkin or kelly in the exact size and color that you want. Though I have a few now, I haven't been able to get exact matches of the ones I've wanted most, like this one in the title. I've been offered swift leather or retourne a couple of times or larger sizes but I'm very precise to what I want so when I found out about repladies, I decided I definitely wanted to try to get my hands on this exact piece. I had a difficult time deciding between UB and Symmode but when I read PeguinBesos's review on the mini kelly she got from Miss K, I decided to give Miss K a shot.
A little about myself: I'm OCD so I would hate myself as a buyer. I ask a lot of questions (though I am always very apologetic and polite), and then I ask more questions.
- Whatsapp: +6012-659-4882
- Price: $950 + ~$120 EMS Shipping including Box (I got 5% off since I bought a bunch of other stuff total over $2k, -girl has some shopping issues- I'll review the other stuff separately)
- Payment method: Transferwise (this was really easy to use and they charge a minimal fee. Don't use credit card though or else your credit card company will charge you a cash advance fee, my cc company waived the $15 after I called and complained but YMMV)
- Order timeline and Service Comparison: March to April 2020
- March 16th: Asked a few sellers for a few leather options, initially I wanted to get a duplicate of one of my exact bags with more delicate leather to use as a backup but neither UB, SYMMODE, or Miss K had that specific leather in the color I wanted. I contacted all wechat sellers using chinese and Miss K using English. I'm native in both languages.
- March 16th : Miss K confirmed immediately, I sent payment the same day.
- April 10th: Received PSPs of areas of concern I had: Pearling, Stamping. I asked to take more photos of each area, she sent them, and I had some changes I wanted to be made.
- April 16th: Received PSPs with modifications on areas of concern
- April 25th: Received Bag
- [My Photos] -I've included side by sides with my auth where for details where it seems necessary to do a good comparison.
- [Front, Back, Sides]
- [PSPs] I delete photos from my phone when I'm done with them so unfortunately I couldn't recover any to upload when I decided to write a lengthy review. I got psps of the pearling and the stamp, which I wasn't happy with and spent an hour at 3a.m. trying to explain what was wrong. I eventually got up, used my pc to draw a diagram in comparison to my other bags and sent it back to her and she was super nice and got it fixed for me. Not sure how they were able to do it so quickly tho.
*** QUALITY - 10/10
- Epsom feels just like the real epsom, dry and stiff but definitely leather
- Smells like leather and I slathed some conditioner all over it since I don't really like the initial feel of Epsom.
- I love their hardware, feels just as heavy as the real thing though the engraving on the bottom could be a bit deeper. I've attached comparisons in my photos to my auth, but some of my bags have lighter engravings as well, I'm not sure what this is.
- Stitching is sublime, I checked every stitch and everything is parallel on both sides, as a Hermes bag should be. IE, 3 double stitches on left, 3 double stitches on right
*** Accuracy - 10/10
- I would feel comfortable bringing this in to my Hermes store, in fact, I might do it when the store opens and see what my S.A. has to say.
- Once again, stitching is perfect, I've taken photos of both left and right sides of the bag so that the parallel stitching can be seen.
- Stamping is perfect once they corrected it. I've included a super closeup with my auth, which is the closest color I have but on Swift. The stamping on my auth epsom bag actually looks worse but the epsom stamp font does actually look thinner than the swift on the auth as well so I'd say this stamping looks pretty good. Let me know if anyone else begs to differ.
- The hardware has a good weight to it, though the keys seem light but the keys seem light on some of the auths as well, I'm not a really good judge of weight. The locks and keys have correct numbering and lettering and the lock as the concave hole exactly where it is on my auth, pics included.
- The turn lock turns smoothly.
- The leather lining is a nice chevre in the same craie color, I love chevre, I might get a chevre bag next, they seem to be special order only at the official store for Kelly bags.
- I was really concerned with the pearling and it looks really good. I've included some closeups with comparison to my auth. In reality, I don't think anyone is ever going to get close enough to see the pearling on a k25, they're around the size of the blunt tip of a .7 pencil.
- The feet were covered with these silicon covers that I adore. I think I'll ask if Miss K can send a couple extra to me the next time I order so I can put them on all my bags lol.
- The engraving on the sangles look perfect
- The shape is the perfect trapezoid
- Interior stamp is deep and D stamp is correct with the correct number of digits
- I've taken photos at every angle and the glazing is neat and clean everywhere.
*** Satisfaction - 10/10
I think it's pretty obvious that I love this bag. I wouldn't believe it if anyone told me they could tell it's a rep, though I'd love to see what all you RepLadies have to say, since I'm pretty new here and I didn't know about half the stuff I'm pointing out before I read through ALLLL the QCs on this forum lol. Please let me know if I've missed something so I could pay attention the next time I order a bag. I think this will save me money in the long run since it's a couple less bag combination I have to buy auth lol.
*** Seller Communication and Service - 1000/10
MISS K IS AWEEESOOMMEEE!
I don't remember who I contacted at SYMMODE but the service attitude was meh (basically just ignored me and told me to look at her photo album, and I hadn't really even begun asking that many questions). UB Rachel was actually pretty nice but Miss K seemed like she genuinely cared what I was getting. When I started proposing color and leather combinations, she would tell me to wait while she confirmed that my proposals weren't fantasy combinations (which actually I was checking at the same time though I let her check anyway). She was also super friendly and responded quickly when we were in the same time zone. Please note she doesn't respond when she isn't working and she lives in Malaysia. I sleep at odd hours due to being stressed out from COVID 19 so it all worked out in the end for me. I was awake every time she messaged me ie 3am. I initially decided on two bags, then changed my mind, didn't want either of those, and decided on this final one, and she remained helpful the whole time. I would have probably wanted to strangle myself at this point. I pointed out some areas of concern I had read for her bags in previous reviews and asked if I could receive the bag before the end of April since I had an event I wanted to take it to. (little did I know COVID would blow up even more) She complied with all my requests. I think it took 5 hours of HER time that I held up asking questions before I actually decided on a specific bag. Well, some of this time was attributed to me asking questions about other things as well. I actually asked about a bunch of items that I ended up not wanting to purchase. I wanted things in colors that no factory made etc. When she sent QC of items and I had an issue with the stamp I think it took us at least another hour to get that resolved, this was actually tons of work for me and probably even more for her since I can't expect everyone else to be as OCD as I am. Miss K really cares that you love what you're getting. I asked her which factory she sources from and she says that she actually changes it up a couple times a year so it depends since the factories aren't always consistent, but she makes sure that the bag she is sending out meets her and her buyer's expectations. Well it certainly met mine.
Just a tip on twillies: If you can afford it, buy twillies from Hermes, I don't think the rep twillies are very good. I actually spent days going through all the factory twillies (trust me I looked at all the sellers) and the colors are not up to par. You can't really compare with the website pictures since Hermes distorts all their images online. I think some popular twillies can actually be resold at a higher value or close to the same value they were purchased for so it's not too bad of an investment. This is solely for Hermes Twillies, I didn't check any of the other brands since I'm not familiar with them but I'm thinking of getting some Dior ones now since some of the reps are actually super cute =)))
submitted by PrimaryExplanation8